The BCSS Careers through Technology Program is a training program designed to provide a training forum for individuals interested and committed to utilizing technology to provide information, connections with others and a path to employment.
New Jersey is an Employment First State and as such we recognize that training centers play an important role in fostering increased independence, community inclusion and employment. Our program is designed to develop skills and enhance abilities in a multitude of areas.
- Basic Skill Level - Developing the ability to learn make mature choices
- Foundational Skills: Successfully follow a daily schedule and perform meaningful tasks.
- Social Skills and Emotional Intelligence: Increase and deepen the maturity of friendships and relationships through enhanced listening, communication, problem solving, coping and self- advocacy skills.
- Intermediate Skill Level - Acquiring Specific Skills
- Independent Living Skills: Individuals will work towards increased independence and improving quality of life through daily living and learning activities in a safe, fulfilling and independent manner.
- Technology Skills: Individuals will learn, increase their understanding, and apply learned techniques in the area of technology. Individuals will learn to operate devices safely and increase their skill level through enhanced communications, problem solving, presentation and self- advocacy skills.
- Personal Care Skills: Individuals will help with and accept assistance for personal care tasks in order to remain clean, healthy and comfortable.
- Advanced Level - Applying Skills Learned
- Community Immersion: Individuals will generalize information learned through facility based instruction in the community and display appropriate and mature foundational, social and independent living skills.