Community Webinars & Virtual Activities
Six free resources are now available for download in Spanish to help people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and their families plan for the future.
These resources cover a variety of topics related to decision-making and financial planning, including:
- Supports available to help people with IDD make decisions
- Preparing for unexpected changes in a person’s ability to make decisions
- Common myths about guardianship and people with IDD
- Tips on how to save money for the future
- Resources to consider when creating a financial plan
- When to use a Special Needs Trust or ABLE Account
Download these resources now and share them widely with the Spanish speaking families in your network!
CAPE Center Housing Options WebinarsJoin us for free virtual groups which offer a safe, confidential place to talk and share.The Impact of Social Isolation on Children with Autism and their Families - Click here for webinarWhat Genetic Testing Reveals: The Benefits of Genetic Testing for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders - Click here for webinarWebinar Archive - Click hereHelping Children Process Grief & Loss During COVID-19In this webinar, Dr. Eric Lewandowski will review what to expect when children lose a loved one, about supporting the process of grief in children. The webinar will also discuss challenges of COVID-19 crisis for grieving families and present ideas to help manage this difficult time. Finally, this webinar will review signs that children may be in need of additional support or treatment.Roadmap to Planning for your Loved Ones with Disabilities