2022 Summer Research Science Programs
Bergen County Academies is pleased to announce the return of its Summer Science programs, which include explorations (for students new to a subject) and research (for established research students).
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR 2022. Please check back in Spring 2023 for our next Summer Program.
- Read the course descriptions found in the menu to determine eligibility.
- Read through the Rules and Regulations.
- If you do not have one already, create an account with Community Pass here.
- All program registration for will open on Monday, April 18 and close on Friday, June 17. Follow the link on the Program Information page to log in to Community Pass and complete the registration form.
- **It is the STUDENT who needs to register, not the parent; please read the registration form carefully and enter the STUDENT'S information for correct enrollment.
Physics Explorations (See Program Information tab for more details)
- Physics Explorations is designed to introduce students to experimental physics through hands-on activities in the Optics Lab with Dr. Dogru.
Independent Research (See Program Information tab for more details)
- BCA students currently enrolled in nanotechnology research may apply to the Nanotechnology Research summer program with Dr. Kim.
- BCA students currently enrolled in biology research, may apply to the Biology Research summer program or Cell Culture Boot Camp with Mrs. Waldron, Mr. Sabio, Ms. Baffo, or Dr. Smith.
- BCA students currently enrolled in agriscience research, may apply to the Agriscience Research summer programwith Ms. Kennedy.
- For the summer of 2022, all summer science programs are restricted to current BCA students ONLY (class of 2023-2025).
Registration for all programs will be open from Monday, April 18 - Friday, June 17
Physics Explorations: Monday, 6/27 - Friday, 7/8
Nanotechnology Research: Monday, 6/27 - Friday, 7/8 (Session 1) and Monday, 7/11 - Thursday, 7/21 (Session 2)
Biology Research: Monday, 6/27 - Thursday, 7/21
Cell Culture Boot Camp: Monday, 6/27 - Friday, 7/8 (Session 1) and Monday, 7/11 - Thursday, 7/21 (Session 2)
Agriscience Research: Monday, 6/27 - Friday, 7/8
- FREE for 2022
Physics Explorations - Dr. Ozgur Dogru
Nanotechnology Research - Dr. Deok-Yang Kim
Biology Research and Cell Culture Boot Camp - Mrs. Alyssa Waldron, Mr. Sabio, Ms. Baffo, Dr. Smith
Agriscience Research - Ms. Kennedy