- Your primary residence must be in Bergen County, NJ in September 2023, regardless of where you attend school.
- Only 8th grade students can apply.
- If accepted, student will begin 9th grade year in September 2024. Transferring into Bergen County Technical High School is not permitted.
- Complete an Online Application – Online application will open September 15,2023
Commercial Art Portfolio Requirements
All students applying for the COMART major at Bergen County Technical High School in Teterboro must submit a link to their portfolio email@example.com. The deadline for submission is November 30th, 2023. No postal mail-in portfolio’s will be accepted this year.
Artwork should include:
- 4 - Drawings from observation (still life, landscape, portraits etc.)
- 4 - Drawings from imagination (fantasy)
- 4 - Drawings from memory (dream, experience)
- 1 - Self Portrait
Please note: Various media are expected to illustrate your variety of skills.
An example of acceptable media would be: pencil, pen & ink, charcoal, acrylic, oil pastel or conte crayon. Use of crayons (ie: crayola) is not appropriate for this portfolio submission.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the portfolio, please email THSAdmissions@bergen.org
The above booklet will provide you with information about the school, its requirements, its students and its programs. The booklet is not intended to substitute for an Open House Program. You will need the (free) Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the booklet.