Welcome to BCTHS - Teterboro Campus
Bergen County Technical High School, Teterboro, is a free public magnet high school of choice for Bergen County residents. The programs have been developed to support the beliefs and central mission of the school.
The school offers college preparatory academics and exceptional technical training in a dynamic learning environment. It has a full-time honors program with nine technical concentrations, which include, Aerospace Engineering; Automotive Engineering and Design; Commercial Art and Graphic Design; Computer Science; Culinology®; Digital Media Arts; Fashion Design and Merchandising; Law and Justice; and Strategic Asset Management.
To provide a comprehensive education that develops students as individuals while preparing them for postsecondary education, careers and lifelong learning so that they may assume roles as active participants of a global community.
Teterboro Campus Highlights
- Potential to earn college credits while still in high school
- Opportunity to earn an occupational or technical certificate/license
- Preparation for the Student Occupational Competency Achievement Test (SOCAT)
- Community service requirement for graduation
- Career-focused work experiences; student internships (Senior Experience program)
- Applications-based, project-driven curriculum
- Work that challenges students to think critically and solve problems at advanced levels
- Educational practices that encourage active inquiry, experimentation and innovation in classes
- Pre-engineering honors program for students with an interest and aptitude in mathematics and design
- Integrated study to prepare students for multiple postsecondary paths
- Computer technology is infused into the curriculum using both Apple and Windows platforms
- Comprehensive guidance, college and career planning, and student support services
- Full range of extracurricular and athletic activities
- Interscholastic athletic teams are composed of athletes from Teterboro, Paramus and Bergen County Academies
- School schedule: 10 months, September - June, 7 hours 5 minutes daily