We believe that…
- Students need to be physically and emotionally safe to learn.
- Students are most successful when their basic needs (nutrition, exercise, sleep, shelter, etc.) are met.
Culture and Climate
- Respectful behavior is essential for success at school and at work.
- Our commitment to consistent rules and expectations will foster the most effective learning environment.
- Success should be recognized for all stakeholder groups.
- Our program should provide students with choice, flexibility, and opportunity.
- All facets of our educational program should be based on the individual needs of the students.
- Passion, motivation, and perseverance are essential for success at school and at work.
- Achievement is both critical and personalized based on the needs and goals of the student.
- Stronger workplace readiness skills will increase opportunities for our students.
- Teaching is at its best when it provides a real-world or authentic context.
- Fostering creativity is necessary for the long term success and happiness of our students.
- We cannot succeed without the contributions of all stakeholders groups.
- Schools are most effective when students, staff and families work together.
- Our educational program is enhanced when we leverage partnerships within our community.
- Our school should instill a strong value for service among students.
- Our school community should respect, appreciate, and celebrate the differences of others.
- Our school can leave a lasting legacy in the profession.