National Honor Society Eligibility
In order to be an eligible candidate for the Andrea Rublino Sheridan Chapter of the National Honor Society, you must meet the following requirements:
- An 11th or 12th grade student in the 2022-2023 school year.
- A grade point average that meets the minimum standard of 3.5/4.0.
- Completion of at least 25 hours of community service if you are applying as an 11th grader and 45 hours of community service hours if you are applying as a 12th grader. These hours MUST be logged into Power School by the NHS application deadline. All NHS members will need 60 community service hours in order to graduate.
- Please submit community service hours here.
- Completed candidate form sent via email by chapter advisor, Ms. Kendall firstname.lastname@example.org. The candidate form must be completed by 9/30/22 at 8am in order to be considered.
Membership in National Honor Society is not based on scholarships alone. The four criteria for membership are scholarship, leadership, service, and character. In order to ascertain the degree to which the candidates meet the criteria for membership, we are asking that you complete a candidate form. Members will be selected to be part of the Chapter by a five-member Faculty Council. Completing the candidate form does not guarantee selection, but should be considered as the first step towards membership.
While many students are excited at the prospect of joining the National Honor Society, we realize that this may not be the best time for everyone. If you choose not to join the National Honor Society as an 11th grader, you may still be considered as a 12th grader if you meet the requirements.
If you are selected to join the National Honor Society, you will receive an email and an invitation to attend the induction ceremony in the fall of 2022. For questions, please see or email Ms. Kendall, email@example.com